Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kurt Weisman - More Is More EP



I'm behind a couple days in blogging. With blogger being down for an ENTIRE day, and my Isaac Hayes post getting deleted, I took a two day break. In the mean time I picked up my last tote of 45's which I stacked into four nice and neat piles on my new record shelf I got at Ikea, and now I begin the last of the single transfers before moving on to the LP's. So, to begin, I thought I'd start with my most recent acquisition... I found this yesterday in the Amoeba clearance bin. I've never heard of Kurt Weisman, but I'd recognize that art ANYWHERE!
A few years ago, my wife got me into this collaborative effort art group known as Paper Rad. Their DVD "Trash Talking" opened up a new world for me. A world of low-fi animated gifs, 80's pop art icons, and super groovy MIDI beats. They have a television show now on Adult Swim entitled "Problem Solverz" I suggest you check it out... if you're into Super Mario, Gumbi, Troll Dolls, Garfield and Alf this is the show for you!
As for this record, the best way to describe it is poppy electronic folk experimentation. It's noise bubble gum. And it's growing on me... as it will grow on you too.

More Is More, Mad Monk (Un-Numbered)
Kurt Weisman
2006

1 comment:

  1. any chance you could reupload this? ive been hunting for a long time and can't find mp3s anywhere :/

    ReplyDelete