Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Zombies - Odessey And Oracle (1968)


Lately I've notice a trend on my page this last week for posting Zombies videos. My friend Patrick requested I put up some Zombies, and this is critically regarded as their best work, on par with The Beatles cream psychedlic-era recordings, and Brian Wilson's most melodic work. Much like Love's Forever Changes, Odyessey and Oracle was supposed to be their last will and testament, a swan song that puches the limits of what could be done with rock. Instead it bombed in England, and was almost completly unheard of in America until the single Time Of The Season took the world by storm in '69, three years after the albums completion and disbandment of The Zombies.


As a bonus, I've thrown in their early hits "Tell Her No" and "She's Not There", both the stereo and mono versions.


No comments:

Post a Comment